At this seminar, a historical review of the evolution of the art of photography will take place. With the support of rich photographic material, important milestones of the media’s technological evolution will be presented. Major works of photographers, as well as the artistic trends and movements that have shaped photographic aesthetics up to the present day, will be shown.
- The ancestors and the “fathers” of photography
- The Heliography, the Daggerrotype and the Calotype
- The “explosion” of the portrait. Stereoscopic photography. Collodion process
- Pictorialism as a photographic movement and the first artists photographers
- The first wars
- The appearance of the cinema and the “motion” in the photo
- Landscape, architecture and travel photography
- In the years of the crisis, the Photographers of the F.S.A.
- Photo-journalism and photo documentary
- Photographic agencies
- Street Photography
Photograph: Nicéphore Niépce, View from the window at Le Gras, 1826/1827
Start – Seminar Duration: We accept applications for the next seminar. The new opening and closing dates will be announced soon (20 teaching hours).
Course days/hours: Mondays – 18:00 – 22:15
Cost of the seminar: 140 €
Seminar lecturer: Stavros Andriotis