This seminar is designed for professional photographers who are wishing to gain knowledge on photographing works of art, paintings and sculptures.
The participants will learn the technical aspect of photographing works of art, get a better understanding of the needed equipment and learn ways of shooting a variety of artworks not only in theory but also in studio and on location.
All the participants should have a very good knowledge of photography and digital photo processing (Photoshop and Capture One).
- Introduction to photographing works of art
- Equipment (cameras, lenses, lighting: studio flash, tungsten- color checker)
- How to build a trusted relationship with the art world
Friday 17/1/2020: 5hrs
- Case Study I: Shooting a painting on a canvas
- Case Study II: Shooting a book
- Case Study III: Shooting works on a single page, watercolor, drawing
Monday 20/1/2020: 4hrs
- Case Study IV: Shooting a sculpture in studio on a colorama
Wednesday 22/1/2020: 4hrs
- Case Study V: Shooting a sculpture on location (in a gallery space)
Friday 24/1/2020: 3 hrs
Photo processing, color correction, color profiles, color checker, screen calibration
Dates and Time: Wednesday 15/1/2020 – Friday 24/1/2020 (20 hours)
Course hours: 3 – hours lesson 18:00 – 20:45, 4 – hours lesson 18:00 – 21:30
Price: 170 €
Instructor: Helen Kollatou