This workshop offers detailed professional training in product photography, related to the fashion industry.
Market needs are expanding daily with e-shops. Specifically, shoes, bags and clothing.
The workshop includes lighting techniques, product design enhancing techniques, image processing, final file format.
We’ll go over the settings that will maximize image quality.
You will learn the basics of studio lighting and how to get the highest picture quality.
The instructor will guide you through a series of exercises where you can photograph specific items to learn about shading and reflections.
Lighting, support and adjustment techniques will emphasize the popular and challenging appearance of the product in white.
We will have several workstations for small groups that will work on real problems with the offered supports and products of your choice that you have to bring with you.
- Shooting with the ghost technique.
- Shooting for white.
- Shoe shooting with shadows.
- Handling castor, suede, leather, cloth.
- Managing metal details.
- Hand bags shooting.
- Handling of detailing, straps, buckles.
You will be trained:
- Camera – the benefits of various lenses, tripods and software.
- Lighting equipment.
- How to handle the white background & camera settings.
- Basic lighting elements.
- Test, style and product support for the best view.
- The basics of post-production and enhanced reception.
- The individual teams will work together to solve problems and pull a real product.
What you need:
- Photographic DSLR camera with charged battery and empty memory card.
- A tripod. If you do not have one, we will provide you to use it in your lessons.
- Operations and settings of your camera, including exposure modes, shutter speed, shutter f, white balance and ISO control.
- To take part in taking pictures with your own camera, you need to have and know manual exposure control.
- For any flash shooting, you will need your camera to have a sync connection with flash or PC.
This is not the workshop to learn about the basic skills of your camera!
Dates and Time: We accept applications for the next seminar. The new opening and closing dates will be announced soon. (20 hours)
Cost: 170 euro
Instructor: Panagiotis Katsos (Β.Α. Honours design for communication media photography – Manchester Metropolitan University)